02 – Systems for Success: Mindset and Skills for Collecting Compelling Testimonials & Case Studies
When our customers and clients have good things to say about us we can use that information in case studies and testimonials to position our organization in such a way that other people will think of us in the same light... without ever actually even having interacted with us.
That's the power of case studies and testimonials. What I want to show you right now is not only how to structure these case studies and testimonials for the largest impact in such a way that they reflect well on you, they reflect well on your organization, and they also reflect well on the person who's giving the testimonial.
We also want to show you how to structure them for the largest impact on the person who will ultimately be viewing this case study or testimonial. "Like attracts like" and if we've had a good experience getting success for one group of customers, then getting testimonials from those customers and highlighting their first-person lived experience is a great way to show other customers who have similar circumstances that if they engage with us they can get the same results as well.
What I'm going to do is I'm to show you that... but before we get started I want to point out a couple of things about the status quo when it comes to testimonials. If you do a search for "how to make a testimonial" or "how to make a case study" online you're going to come up with a lot of search results that go only about an inch deep.
If the first-page search results on Google for how to make a testimonial returns a lot of information that says" the biggest mistake most people make when getting testimonials is they don't get them. So go out and get them.
That's great. It's useful advice. It's certainly true... it's a valid statement, but other than saying "go do it!" there's not a lot of information out there other than "talk to customers who've had a good experience with you and get them to say nice things about you and record their testimonials."
There's a lot more to it than that. One thing that we really have to look out for how to really highlight that lived experience for other people and prospects who are similar to those customers who have already experienced a successful outcome.
Share This Course!
Embed this course on your own website.
Simply Copy and Paste the embed code onto any Page.
Setting Yourself Up for Success - Mindset, Technique, Tools
- 01- The Power of Testimonials
- 02 - Product-focused vs narrative-focused Approach
- 03 - Success Criteria and The Biggest Obstacle to Learning (IMPORTANT)
- 04 - Why testimonials work with those who are ready to take action
- 05 - Different Categories of Testimonials and Case Studies
- 06 - Questions to ask the organization the testimonials are for
- 07 - Structure for Success: Pre-interview tasks
- 08 - Your Camera: Keep it Steady, Keep it Shooting, Keep it Centered
- 09 - Just Before the Shoot - the Agreement for Success
- 10 - How I start the interview - Great Softball Question
- 11 - Laws, Rules, and Guidelines: Things to know about testimonials and case studies
- 12 - A Challenge to you: YOUR Call to action
Weaponized Empathy - Philosophy and Theory (no application here)